3.5.13

Whittney's Handmade Starry Sky


Many of my friends are fellow artists/crafters/bloggers and to say the least it inspires me. 
Whittney is one of those people. She loves cats and art time, and eating and watching The Dark Crystal and for these (and many more) reasons, I love her.

This project totally made me have to sit down the first time I saw it. It's AWESOME. It's made with 2 boards of wood that Whittney painted black. She glued HUNDREDS of mirrors all over it meticulously by hand. The project is hung up in 2 separate pieces so it can be taken down and moved with ease (smart).
































Whittney has lots of other neat projects and project ideas that I'll tell you guy about someday (sooner than later). She's a master of hemp jewelry, mixed media collage, really neat custom occasion cards and lots of other random cuteness. :D 

I asked her to email me some photos of this project, and she threw in the photo below for giggles. HAIR BOW! How cuuute. Here's how to do it!