31.8.13

The Easiest Yummiest Cookies Quite Possibly Ever





I made these cookies for my Nana and Papa a few months ago and Papa said they were the best cookies he'd ever eaten.

I found this recipe for "Cream Cheese Cookies" on the wonderful interworld a couple years ago. It's perfect as is...but I admit, I have a secret ingredient that I love to incorporate. Feel free to add it to your cookies or don't...either way, I promise you will love them. It may be necessary to hide them from your housemates or make a double, even triple batch. Yes, they are that good.
Otherwise called "Cream Cheese Cookies"...here is my slightly tweaked recipe for the easiest, yummiest cookies quite possibly ever. If you try them out, let me know how you like em!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You will need:
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
*secret ingredient* 1/2 tsp Mayan vanilla extract (or any vanilla extract you have handy)
1/2 teaspoon salt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What to do:
Honestly, I don't fuss around with these. Just simply throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix it up. Drop spoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE THEM. The key here is to get a chewy center and crispy edges. Cool on a wire rack and then proceed to stuff your face. Have a wonderful day!